Saturday 2 August 2014

Ah Balling

Ah Balling is also know as Tang Yuan is a Teochew Chinese Dessert. It comprises glutinous rice balls served in a hot sweet soup, such as peanut soup or even ginger soup. Each rice ball contains a sweet paste made from lotus seed, red bean, black sesame, ground peanuts or yam. They are cooked in hot water for a few minutes. The soup is made from rock suger and pandan leaves. Ah Balling is a sweet dessert, perfect for anyone who has a sweet tooth.



There are 3 type of soup that is served with Ah Balling. They are plain, ginger and peanut soup. All of them are cooked with pandan leaves and rock sugar. The rice balls should be soft and tender with a little bit of bite when you break it open with your teeth.


6 comments:

  1. I still remember during the Dongzhi Festival, my family and I will get together and make tang yuan. It was really a memorable moment for us, as we get to eat it at the end of the day and our efforts are paid off. We also get to eat the one with flavors and I preferred the one with black sesame filings, as it was really delicious! I hope one day I will get to try the one with green tea and yam flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can treat me this can? I like the sweet one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I love desert a lot if only they had a less-sweet version of it. Because i personally cannot stand stuffs that are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like peanut flavoured tangyuan! :3
    AND YOUR ENGLISH HAVE IMPROVED TREMENDOUSLY, KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete